Home

 

 

 

Texas Retirement Communities

 

Hill Country Retreat

4803 Sunrise Beach

San Antonio, Texas  78253

Retirees Find Warm Weather and Reasonably-Priced Homes in San Antonio's Del Webb Community

            
Del Webb continues to be a leader in U.S. retirement community developments, and one of their newest is Hill Country Retreat in San Antonio, Texas (population 1.3 million).  Here retirees age 55 and better find single-family homes starting in the high-$100,000s.    San Antonio is located in south central Texas, just to the south of the Texas Hill Country, and it is the second most populous city in Texas (Houston is first).

 

 

Model homes are currently for sale, as are some re-sale homes.  There are ten floor plans from which to choose, and homes range in size from 1,300 square feet (two bedrooms and two baths) to 2,700 square feet (three bedrooms and two baths).  Homes are built by Pulte, are on one-level, as are most Del Webb homes, and come with a two-car garage at the front of the home.  Exteriors are a combination of brick, stucco and stone, and each dwelling has a 50-gallon hot water heater, a fully sodded lawn with an irrigation system and 30-year roof shingles.  HOA fees do not include lawn maintenance.   Visit here for more information.

Nearing completion is the heart of the community, the 28,000 square foot clubhouse named the Resort.  Here residents will find all kinds of amenities, from activity rooms and tennis courts to indoor and outdoor pools and a state-of-the-art fitness center.  There are walking and biking trails meandering throughout the development, and two offsite golf membership packages, one at nearby Golf Club of Texas and one at Hyatt Hill Country Resort, are offered (and golf carts are allowed on the streets of Hill Country Retreat).

Health care in this area is quite good as Hill Country Retreat is located close to the South Texas Medical Center.  The I-10 medical center corridor, which is home to numerous medical facilities, is just 15 minutes down the road.  Two new nearby hospitals are also coming online soon.

It gets hot in San Antonio with summer temperatures reaching into the 90s.  Winters are mild with temperatures in the 40s, 50s and 60s.  Humidity averages between 60% and 80%, and the city receives 2 to 5 inches of precipitation per month, virtually none of it snow.  The city has a lower than average risk of tornados when compared to the rest of Texas, but it has a 20% higher risk when compared with the rest of the U.S.


Webwerxx, Inc. Copyright 2006-2014  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Mission Statement  |  Legal

All rights reserved.  No part of this electronic publication may be reproduced without the express written consent of Webwerxx, Inc.   Various attempts were made to verify the accuracy of the information contained in this report, but some information may have changed since publication.   Webwerxx, Inc. cannot be held responsible for information that has changed since this publication appeared online.   We are not real estate agents.