2400 Century Blvd., Deerfield Beach, Florida 33442
Large 55+ Community of Century Village - Deerfield Beach Has Resale Condominiums, Two Clubhouses, a Golf Course, Tennis Courts, a Nearby Beach and More
Deerfield Beach is on the southeastern Florida coast and is the setting for Century Village - Deerfield. It is a gated 55+ community with 8,500 resale condominiums and is one of four Century Villages in Florida.
The community was built from the early-1970s to the mid-1990s. Some of the condominium floor plans have been modified over the years but most have the original layouts. The majority of the units come with two bedrooms and one to two baths, although some one bedroom units and a few oversize two bedroom units are here, too. Sizes range from approximately 650 square feet to 1,550 square feet. Units are located in secure, two to four story buildings, which are interspersed among ponds, nicely maintained grassy spaces and parking areas. Some condominiums have water or golf course views, and all of them have a private balcony or patio.
Prices start in the low-$100,000s. Monthly HOA fees range from about the $200 to $400 range. Please check with a Realtor to verify these prices as they may change. Rentals are available, too.
Amenities include two clubhouses. The large clubhouse has 145,000 square feet and is the center of life here. It has a theater, a ballroom, a cafe, card rooms, a library, a fitness center, a crafts room, a resort-style swimming pool and more.
The small clubhouse, on the west side of the community, has a ballroom, a catering kitchen, meeting rooms, a swimming pool and tennis courts. Another 15 swimming pools and nine tennis courts are scattered throughout the community. Residents also enjoy an 18 hole, par-64 golf course.
Planned events and group activities keep residents engaged. Book clubs, theater clubs, holiday parties and card games are particularly popular. Scheduled transportation takes residents to medical appointments and nearby shopping malls.
Deerfield Beach was originally named Deerfield for the deer grazing in nearby fields. Today, it draws sun worshippers but not in the numbers seen by some of its neighbors. Clean and often uncrowded, the one-mile-long beach is about three miles from Century Vilalge and is award winning. The town does not have a hospital, but Boca Raton Regional Hospital and North Broward Medical Center are within 5 miles and are accredited.
This area has a tropical monsoon climate. Summers and early fall are hot and humid; late fall and winter are less humid and cooler. The area receives 58 inches of rain per year, on average.
Visit tinyurl.com/363yars3 for listings.
Named Pascua Florida by Juan Ponce De Leon, the Sunshine State did not enter the Union until March 3, 1845. Balmy mild winters began attracting "snowbirds" to the state in the late 19th century, and retirees continue to flock to the state today. It's not hard to see why tourism has become Florida's leading industry.
International trade and citrus are also major contributors to the state's economy. Eighty percent of the nation's oranges and grapefruits are grown here, and 40 percent of all U.S. exports to Latin America flow through Florida.
Florida's landscape includes uplands and coastal plains. It contains more than 11,000 miles of waterways and about 4,500 islands.
Florida also has 1,045 golf courses, more than any other state in the Union. The 47 mile Pinellas Trail is the longest urban trail on the east coast. Orlando theme parks attract more visitors than any other theme parks in the U.S. The only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles co-exist is in National Everglades Park.
Is Everyone in a 55+ Community Really 55+?
Not everyone who lives in a 55+ community is age 55 or better. Generally, at least 80% of residents must be at least age 55 (and at least one occupant of each housing unit must be age 55), while the remaining 20% are allowed to be younger (but usually at least age 45). Children are allowed to visit but generally cannot stay more than two weeks at a time. It is also usually the case that older, more established 55+ communities have an older residential demographic.
Webwerxx, Inc. Copyright (c) 2006-2023.
All rights reserved. No part of this electronic publication may be reproduced in any way without the express written consent of Webwerxx, Inc. Reproducing any original part of this publication without written permission from Webwerxx, Inc. is plagiarism. Numerous attempts were made to verify the accuracy of the information contained in this website, but some information may have changed since each article and/or report went online, and Webwerxx, Inc. is not liable for inaccurate information contained in its articles and/or reports.