8530 Leeward Passage Circle, Boynton Beach, Florida 33436
Established 55+ Neighborhood of Palm Shores in a Coastal Boynton Beach Features Stylish Mediterranean-Style Single Family Homes, Cozy Lanes, a Clubhouse, a Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts and a Good Selection of Social Groups
Boynton Beach is situated along the southeastern Florida coast, north of Delray Beach and south of Lake Worth. It is the setting for Palm Shores, an established, non-gated 55+ neighborhood within the larger master-planned development of The Gables.
Built from the late-1980s to the early-1990s, Palm Shores has lush, mature landscaping and 225 well-kept, single family homes, most of which are single story, Mediterranean-style. Exteriors are gray or pink-ish stucco, and roofs are red tile. Dwelling sizes range from approximately 1,800 square feet to 2,100 square feet with two to three bedrooms and two baths. Standard features include a large master bedroom, a screened lanai and an eat-in kitchen. The homes are set close together on cozy lanes with nautical names (Catamaran, Leeward Passage, Yardarm, Sextant and others). Yards are on the small side but have mature tropical landscaping, including palm trees, willow trees, fruit trees and flowering bushes. Driveways are concrete or brick paver, and garages face the street.
Prices start in the low- to mid-$200,000s. Please check with a Realtor to verify these prices as they may change.
Homeowners regularly gather in the clubhouse for a cup of coffee, a card game or a potluck. Dozens of groups and clubs, including ones for book lovers, gardeners, golfers and more, keep residents active. Clubhouse amenities include a swimming pool, a fitness center, tennis courts and a theater for live performances. Ponds dot the grounds.
Boynton Beach sits along the Intracoastal Waterway, and beaches are across the water in Ocean Ridge. The largest beach, Oceanfront Park, is clean and has a nice canopied boardwalk. The waterfront has undergone a multi-million dollar marina renovation that has expanded the "old salt" fishing and boating facility into a pedestrian-friendly, downtown destination with dining, shopping, businesses and entertainment.
Bethesda Hospital East is in Boynton Beach and is accredited by the Joint Commission. It is also a primary stroke center.
Summer temperatures are in the 80s and 90s, while winter temperatures are in the 50s and 60s. On average, the area receives 50 inches of rain per year.
Palm Shores does not have a dedicated website. Go to tinyurl.com/h2237wo for listings (homes do not come up for sale often).
Named Pascua Florida by Juan Ponce De Leon, the Sunshine State did not enter the Union until March 3, 1845. Balmy mild winters began attracting "snowbirds" to the state in the late 19th century, and retirees continue to flock to the state today. It's not hard to see why tourism has become Florida's leading industry.
International trade and citrus are also major contributors to the state's economy. Eighty percent of the nation's oranges and grapefruits are grown here, and 40 percent of all U.S. exports to Latin America flow through Florida.
Florida's landscape includes uplands and coastal plains. It contains more than 11,000 miles of waterways and about 4,500 islands.
Florida also has 1,045 golf courses, more than any other state in the Union. The 47 mile Pinellas Trail is the longest urban trail on the east coast. Orlando theme parks attract more visitors than any other theme parks in the U.S. The only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles co-exist is in National Everglades Park.
Population - 20,612,439
Persons 65 years old and over - 20%
High school graduates age 25+ - 87%
Bachelor's degree or higher age 25+ - 26%
Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin - 24%
White persons, not Hispanic - 55%
Median household income - $46,596
Median home value - $159,000
Social Security taxed? No
Source: U.S. Census Bureau
Is Everyone in a 55+ Community Really 55+?
Not everyone who lives in a 55+ community is age 55 or better. Generally, at least 80% of residents must be at least age 55 (and at least one occupant of each housing unit must be age 55), while the remaining 20% may be younger (but usually at least age 45). Children are allowed to visit but generally cannot stay more than two weeks at a time. It is also usually the case that older, more established 55+ communities have an older residential demographic.
Webwerxx, Inc. Copyright (c) 2006-2018.
All rights reserved. No part of this electronic publication may be reproduced in any way without the express written consent of Webwerxx, Inc. Reproducing any original part of this publication without written permission from Webwerxx, Inc. is plagiarism. Numerous attempts were made to verify the accuracy of the information contained in this website, but some information may have changed since each article and/or report went online, and Webwerxx, Inc. is not liable for inaccurate information contained in its articles and/or reports.